May 19, 2009
The BAFTA Cymru and BAFTA Craft Awards were announced last night, with Doctor Who winning a total of six awards.
In the BAFTA Cymru Awards, Euros Lyn won the Best Director Award for Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead, while Russell T Davies won Best Writer for Midnight. Two other BAFTA Cymru Awards were for Midnight: the sound team recieved the Best Sound Award, while Philip Kloss won in the Best Editor category.
In the BAFTA Craft Awards, Philip Kloss also won an award for his editing of Series Four, while the visual effects team at the Mill picked up the award for visual effects for The Fires of Pompeii.
April 17, 2009
The Welsh BAFTA nominations have been announced, and eleven nominations go to Upper Boat shows.
The nominations for the Whoniverse programmes are:
- Best Drama Series/Serial for Television – Doctor Who
- Best Director of Photography: Rory Taylor for Silence in the Library
- Best Sound – the Doctor Who sound team for Midnight
- Best Editor – Philip Kloss for Midnight
- Best Make-Up – Barbara Southcott for The Next Doctor
- Best Screenwriter – Russell T Davies for Midnight
- Best Original Music Soundtrack – Murray Gold for Midnight
- Best Director: Film/Drama – Euros Lyn for Silence in the Library
- Best Interactive – the Doctor Who website
- Best Design – Edward Thomas for Adrift (Torchwood)
- Best Costume – Ray Holman for From Out of the Rain (Torchwood)
- Best Children’s Programme: The Sarah Jane Adventures
The winners will be announced in May.
April 7, 2009
The BAFTA Craft nominees have been announced, and among the nominees are three nominations for Doctor Who. Executive producer and writer Russell T Davies has been nominated in the Writer category for 2008’s companion-light episode Midnight; visual effects team The Mill have been nominated in the Visual Effects category for their work on The Fires of Pompeii; and editor Philip Kloss has been nominated in the Editor Fiction/Entertainment category for his work on Doctor Who in 2008.
The awards ceremony, which will be the tenth since the awards started, will take place on 17 May 2009. The BAFTA Craft Awards celebrate the work of those who work on television and film in a non-acting role.
March 28, 2009
2008’s series of Doctor Who has been nominated for the BAFTA for Best Drama Series. It is up against C4’s Shameless, BBC One’s Spooks and BBC One’s Wallander.